Re: [MiNT] xaaes.txt

Am 08.08.2010, 21:58 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

On 08/08/2010 11:36 AM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
I've committed the draft for an XaAES-documentation:

http://sparemint.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~freemint/doc/xaaes/xaaes.txt?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain

Just back from vacation, so I haven't been paying much attention to my
mail lately.

This doc looks very good, but I'm a bit confused... I just had a quick
glance, but I spot references to the "XaAES wiki" which I guess is the
XaAES articles in the FreeMiNT/SpareMiNT wiki. But why separate docs? I
don't see the point in any XaAES-stuff in the wiki when this doc exists.

I was expecting this. It's just easier for me to copy/paste from anywhere on my HD into a single file than to edit the wiki.

I'd say we remove the XaAES-stuff from the wiki and just link to this
doc (and remove references to the wiki from the doc!), or put the entire
doc in the wiki.

Yes - one or another. I think it's important that the mint-release contains some current information, and yesterday Alan was about to put the release out today at 10 am, but this will probably not happen.

The udo-source has the advantage to produce tons of output-formats, not just html, I think that's a great advantage.

wiki has the advantage that many can easily participate, without using time of someone with cvs-access, but there did not happen very much the last months.

Is there a way to import/export to/from the wiki and keep both in sync?

--
Helmut Karlowski