Re: [MiNT] trunk-09082010 file structure / content

On 08/10/2010 09:30 PM, Miro Kropacek wrote:

> So yes, you as Milan user, get amazing 5 KB of free RAM when leaving
> Aranym stuff behind! =) Only notable difference is here 000 build and
> this is what I wanted to keep. So people, this is what is it about --
> only a few KBs and couple of if's and else's instead of #ifdef's and
> #endif's. Really such a pain?

Your numbers are misleading. The Aranym and Milan kernels are quite
similar. What about the different MMUs? You would have to merge the code
for the 030 and 040/060 MMUs and keep code for both in the kernel. So
the kernel would have to include everything that's different between the
current kernels. Why? My Milan doesn'ẗ change. I would only have to
download the "mint-milan"-zip and install it. I don't need stuff for all
other possible machines/CPUs.

Jo Even