Re: [MiNT] 1.17 Release - Call for documentation updates !

2010/8/10 Paweł Góralski <nokturnal@nokturnal.pl>:
> Hello,
> Anyone could fill in some basic information about loadable
> filesystems/modules on wiki pages or point me to the documentation, where
> everything is described?
> Some basic info would be sufficientlike name of file, function description,
> for what hardware it is targetted.
>
> I see some things are aranym or hades/milan specific and I haven't any idea
> what is suitable/needed for my hardware set-up.
>
> Regards,
> Pawel

with aranym the following is used:

file system drivers:
aranym.xfs
dummy.xfs
ext2.xfs
hostfs.xfs
minix.xfs
nfs.xfs

generally speaking it is OK to include ALL .xsf files (file system
drivers) on any system. You can leave out the ones you dont use to
save memory, if you know which ones they are.

device drivers:
dsp56k.xdd
dummy.xdd
flop_raw.xdd
inet4.xdd
nfstderr.xdd
xconout2.xdd

all other device drivers will cause problems on ARAnyM. nfstderr.xdd
(Native Features Standard Error redirector) is ARAnyM specific

network interface drivers:
nfeth.xif

only one of these should be used per platform/machine, specific to
your hardware. Use of dummy.xif is also probably OK on any system too.

use of slip.xif, plip.xif and dial.xif are (probably) for modem
related drivers, and may also require HSMODEM fix (depending on your
hardware)

It is (theoretically) possible to use 2+ .xif drivers if you have the
hardware to support them.

Paul