Re: [MiNT] binutils 2.21

Keith Scroggins wrote:
I will see if I have time to try to build a native RPM package of it this
weekend, although this is a ScummVM release (well, build tagged source and
test) weekend, so I am not sure if I'll get to it!

About packaging, there are a few changes. You can see them in my build script.

These new binutils include a new utility named "elfedit". Since it is useless for our a.out target, I remove the binary and the man page.

There is also a new linker named "ld.gold". Since it is only for ELF targets, it is not built for us. As a result, the traditional linker has been renamed "ld.bfd". For every target, "ld" is a hard link to the default linker (either ld.gold or ld.bfd). For our MiNT target, we can see 2 files in the bin directory: ld and ld.bfd. Both are hard links to the same executable.

Other things are the same as before. The patch is a bit bigger, because I have added some testcases which had not been committed before the release.

Thanks for supporting native MiNT binaries, Keith.

--
Vincent Rivière