Re: [MiNT] Cross compiling freemint

Le 18/05/2011 12:14, Alan Hourihane wrote:
I'm using a 64bit system and the stack tool works just fine.

In my cross-tools, my original idea was to provide only the latest stable versions. But I had to update to CVS versions for the MiNTLib and GemLib because there are not so much official releases, and important bugfixes in CVS.

Furthermore, about mintbin I didn't know where the latest sources were, not they seem to be here:
http://www.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/mintbin/

And I see that the stack.c source has not been changed, so the problem is not about the mintbin version.

Also, I see that stack.c is very simple, the bug should be very easy to identify. And I see it is 64-bit aware:

  /* Sanity check for 64-bit machines.  */
  if (sizeof (long) > 4
      && ((*size) > 0x7fffffff
	  || (*size) < 0xffffffff))
    {
      error (EXIT_SUCCESS, 0, _("\
stack size ``%s'' out of range: overflow in number"), optarg);
      return -1;
    }

That *size being the value passed on the command line.

Some traces in extract_size() should show us what happens... And why it happens only for Maanke.

--
Vincent Rivière