Re: [MiNT] Fwd: gradients,FreeMiNT 1.18

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 01:25 +1200, Paul Wratt wrote:

> and yes, I am talking about compiled in default gradients..

Why compiled in when they're finally loadable?

> its "cut-down" similar, in that you only have to read a new IMG folder
> (as opposed to loading binary/objects), it is fairly simple when
> compared to the gradients.. it will be easier if you can already
> choose IMG folder (config setting).. you will see when you get to it..

I like this idea. If the img-folder can be set in xaaes.cnf, you can
create "themes" by putting widgets, gradients and textures in a
sub-folder together with a "theme.cnf" that's simply included in
xaaes.cnf. "theme.cnf" (which of course can be called whatever you want)
can also configure stuff like iconify-arrangement, app_options,
menubar...

To me it's not important to change these things at run-time. It's
perfectly OK to restart XaAES to load a new theme.

Jo Even