Re: [MiNT] Fwd: gradients,FreeMiNT 1.18

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 01:25 +1200, Paul Wratt wrote:
>
>> and yes, I am talking about compiled in default gradients..
>
> Why compiled in when they're finally loadable?
>
>> its "cut-down" similar, in that you only have to read a new IMG folder
>> (as opposed to loading binary/objects), it is fairly simple when
>> compared to the gradients.. it will be easier if you can already
>> choose IMG folder (config setting).. you will see when you get to it..
>
> I like this idea. If the img-folder can be set in xaaes.cnf, you can
> create "themes" by putting widgets, gradients and textures in a
> sub-folder together with a "theme.cnf" that's simply included in
> xaaes.cnf. "theme.cnf" (which of course can be called whatever you want)
> can also configure stuff like iconify-arrangement, app_options,
> menubar...
>
> To me it's not important to change these things at run-time. It's
> perfectly OK to restart XaAES to load a new theme.

changing things at runtime helps with design (and now preview)

if nothing else imagine you are demo'ing a mint machine somewhere, you
would rather not have people see XaAES restart, nor the time taken to
do that

for a complete them, the xa_xtobj.rsc also need to be definable

with all that done, a FireBee theme could be made pretty easily..
ready in time for official release.. or even with next MiNT point
release (before it is needed)..

Paul