Re: [MiNT] on Mega ST

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Michael Bernstein <mint@mbernstein.de> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> the same can be used for your MSTE, with:
>
> I started today with my Mega STE
>
>> ./mintupgr.sh helmut-10082011.tar.bz2 mega --drivers --extras
>
> This gives as a result 2 folders:
> mint-distro-20110817
> mint-install-20110817
>
>> ./mintupgr.sh helmut-10082011.tar.bz2 mste --drivers --extras
>
> This gives as a result 2 folders:
> mint-distro-20110817
> mint-upgrade-20110817

ok I think i understand what went wrong there (no cpu) I will check,
this should get you an install:
> ./mintupgr.sh helmut-10082011.tar.bz2 mste000 --drivers --extras

> I think, the upgrade folder is wrong and should be the result of the
> kernel upgrade script? Ok, i used the missing files from the mega st
> install directory. And i have the same problems:
>
> - the path C:\MINT was not found, C:\MINT\1-17-0 will work
> - dummy.xif let the system hang up
> - scc.xdd let the system hang
> - ext2.xfs crashes after access the filesystem but XyAES could load
>  and run the desktop

ok, we know about C:\MINT and ext2.xfs, and dummy.xif (I will patch
the scripts for those, until they are fixed)

One of the things I was originally interested in was Franks comment
that scc.xdd was >020... so I would say know we know for sure, scc.xdd
is 020+ atm.. but you dont need it to run MiNT, just to access serial
ports..

hmm.. it is interesting that XaAES & Teradesk work.. This should
isolate the issue for the MegaST. It may be easier to fix now, Helmet
will be able to have a better idea about what to look for.. maybe.. :)

I am guessing that the problems you have with MegaST running mint
maybe the same for (4Mb) ST & STE, maybe.. it will give me something
to work on with the emu's (if mint will start)..

I am impressed with how far you have got, and appreciate the time
taken to get thing up and running. Now to make it usable..

.. on a side not, with STEem source available, it may be possible to
iron out the last bugs that stop MiNT from working (something to do
with drives), in which case we will have a usable 000 test system to
help fix issues like those you have found..

BTW, what "moose" driver did XaAES startup with..

Paul