Re: [MiNT] force screen redraw in GEM/XAAES

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 10:19:23 +0200, Adam Kłobukowski <adamklobukowski@gmail.com> wrote:

Some time I proposed about an ability for an application to 'shrink' AES screen. That could be usefull for taskbar like apps.

Well, it was a good idea but now I'm not so sure about the usefulness of a classic taskbar. Gnome and OSX are examples of better ways to do things.

I've had a Taskbar-beta with a completely rewritten start-menu for a couple of years now. It looks exactly the same as the old one but does things in a more reliable and flexible way (e.g. menu can be edited by Taskbar itself). However, I stopped working on it quite some time ago because I started to doubt usefulness of this. The old menu works, and maybe I want to spend my time on something more user friendly. I have not decided what to do yet.

Jo Even