Re: [MiNT] XaAES: Chaos in gradients

Am Donnerstag, den 01.09.2011, 22:41 +0200 schrieb "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>:

It would be quite easy if the desktop would not draw a background of
any  kind, e.g. teradesk uses the VDI to draw a background-bar. I
don't know  how to avoid this.

That's pretty clear... It's only good for people who actually don't start an desktop, - or where the desktop handles the xaaes background with care (so it's doesn't draw any background). (none, currently)

I plan to allow any program to draw the root-window, but the desktop
would  hide it (or it's icons would be hidden).

Not overdrawing the xaaes background with vbar/vrectfill (or whatever...) sounds very possible (and easy to enclosure that part of teradesk code within an if) to me (?). I don't understand why the icons would be hidden. Everything is above the xaaes background and it doesn't mess anything, but desktop icons are below the xaaes background? Hard to believe...

Greets,