Re: [MiNT] Hotkeys (Was: Re: Background)

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:06:06 +0200, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

1. I wish it could be possible to applications to subscribe to
key-combinations. So if I for example wants to re-enable the

Yep - I just had the same idea. But i think it's not done in a few minutes.

Also there should be an interface to reset the key-bindings.

Yes of course. And they would have to be reset when the application quits.

task-switcher mentioned above *cleanly* in Taskbar, Taskbar would ask
XaAES to always receive the Ctrl+Alt+Tab combination even when Taskbar

It could ask for any key-combination, even a single key.

Absolutely. But one would have to define what a hotkey is. My suggestion: A hotkey is any non-modifier key, optionally in combination with modifiers.

So when you pass a hotkey keypress, you send it as any normal keyboard event. In addition there should be an event when a hotkey is released. Just sending the break-code would be enough.

3. Not in XaAES but in the kernel: It would be good with better
Eiffel-support on computers with IKBD keyboards. The Eiffel (and future
clones, I have an AVR-based clone on my desktop now) supports stuff like
temperature monitoring and fan control, this currently requires a
special driver. It would be better to have a clean way of subscribing to
certain IKBD packets so stuff like this can be done properly.

.. and display the values in the taskmanager ;)

Yes, why not. But the essential thing here is to allow access to Eiffel IKBD packets from user applications. Filtering out those packets in the keyboard handler is really simple, but I'm not sure how to pass them to the client.

Jo Even