Re: [MiNT] Hotkeys (Was: Re: Background)

Petr Stehlik wrote:

> 3) I believe MiNT + XaAES should incorporate the Clocky's hotkeys
> functionality - MiNT kernel already has its own keyboard driver and
> XaAES could create the necessary GUI around it. At first even primitive
> starting of applications on hotkey press would help - a dialog like in

That's a plan for quite some time now. But I don't see it as a lifesaving feature.

> GNOME where you can press almost any hotkey combination and assign an
> app to it. I can imagine that already running applications (like

GNOME is a desktop, isn't it? But anyway AES is the right place for
this, because the desktop can only react when it's top.

Maybe the first version could use app_options like:

app_options=taskbar,run=[C][A]1, pass=[A]TAB

or:

app_options=taskbar,run=[C][A]?, pass=[C][A][S]Enter

The pass-key would then only be delivered to taskbar if present.

And for run a path must be given ..

-Helmut