Re: [MiNT] Background

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:12:52 +0200, Adam Kłobukowski <adamklobukowski@gmail.com> wrote:

W dniu 15.09.2011 09:09, Jo Even Skarstein pisze:
1. In xaaes.cnf
2. By copying certain files to certain folders (e.g. IMG-files with
specific names in $sysdir\xaaes\img\).
3. At compilation time.

We don't need another one. Also, when hotkeys is the only way to set
desktop image it's impossible to include desktop images as a part of a
theme. The desktop image should either be specified in xaaes.cnf or by
copying "desk.img" to the texture-folder.

Actually, IMO, we need another one. Xaaes should expose functions to change configuration on the fly. Then, we could write nice configuration program.

Yes, that's true. There should be an API that allows a user program to change the settings in xaaes.cnf. The actual saving of xaaes.cnf would then be left to XaAES itself.

However, it's not really necessary. It would be OK if XaAES was able to re-read xaaes.cnf while running.

Jo Even