Re: [MiNT] No Keyboard when GEM=ROM

Am Sonntag, den 16.10.2011, 11:34 +0200 schrieb "Mathias Wittau" <wittau@lnxnt.org>:
Well people told me that this behavior is a feature not a bug. But if I use my computers with GEM=ROM (especially for testing with the FireBee), it is really annoying that I have no keyboard input. For example testing AES configuartions means; booting with MiNT GEM=ROM, recognising something is wrong, booting again with MiNT GEM=ROM for kicking MiNT out of the AUTO folder. Than booting again into TOS for changing the file, and booting
again to see if changes may have helped. ;-/

I never used GEM=ROM, except one time - to see what it does. I can't see no benefit here. I could - if exiting xaaes from GEM=ROM mode would leave a clean system, so that you can start xaaes again and try another configuration, but that's not the case.

So why do you want GEM=ROM?

Why don't you try my boot manager:
http://freeshell.de/~monokrom/geeklog/article.php?story=20110818225243996

I don't want to miss that tool, because it makes these annoying reboot tasks
a bit painless.

It doesn't have support for different configuration files like NEWDESK.INF / XAAES.CNF / MINT.CNF etc. But if you want to, I can add some functions, so you can have different xaaes settings for each boot set. I already thought about it and it would save me some more annoying things.
If you can make use of that too, than I will add support for it.

Greets,