Re: [MiNT] AES-calls without appl_init

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 23:43 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> > Some of these were listed in the README-misbehavers file. What happened
> > to this file? I can't find it in the CVS anymore.
>
> Removed, regarded as outdated (2005).

Exactly what is outdated in this document? It describes the behaviour of
certain applications, most of these has not been updated since so the
behaviour is still valid. E.g. it contains the answer to the question
you just asked...

To me it looks like a useful document that should be updated instead of
removed. Whenever there's an application-specific fix/kludge/workaround
in the code, it should refer to such a document.

> > Unfortunately most users doesn't complain. They revert to a previous
> > version, until at some point they say on atari-forum or some other forum
> > that "program X and Y doesn't run under XaAES anymore, use 1.17
> > instead".
>
> You might be right. Maybe I'll check these out, or if someone has the time
> he can do it.

Customer support is a major part of my work (I work for a software
company). Believe me, for every user that reports a problem there are
ten that doesn't. The ones that doesn't just get annoyed, and they talk
to other users about it.

> How does the TOS-AES behave on this?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't care. After all, it only knows about a single
application so it really doesn't need to know who's calling the AES.

Jo Even