Re: [MiNT] XaAES 1.55 + NetSurf

Am Dienstag, den 26.03.2013, 09:04 +0100 schrieb Ole <ole@monochrom.net>:

Next step will be using aranym with MP and see if I can get more
infos about the
memory protection fault reported.

I just tried with memory protection and MyAES (there is an aranym-mmu compatible MyAES image at the MyAES page for download....). Netsurf works fine without any memory violation.

When using XaAES 1.5.4 this version of netsurf works fine.

When using XaAES 1.5.5 - it crashes. Putting message boxes around wind_open(), results in the first message box beeing shown... then parts of the window got drawn (only parts of the AES objects, no content yet!) , and the secone message box never appears.

Helmut, can you help on this? To me it strongly looks like some XaAES thingie... Debugging NetSurf in this case is only possible with handycaps and setting up an MMU enabled XaAES setup will take me another evening. Would it be of any benefit to enable XaAES debug logging and post the log? Do we have other possibilities to enable more debug output?

Greets and Thanks,
Ole