Re: [MiNT] Netsurf and profiling its performance

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:57:52 , "J. F. Lemaire" <jflemaire@skynet.be> wrote:
> On 18 April 2013 11:11, Ole <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 18.04.2013, 11:01 +0200 schrieb Eero Tamminen
> > <oak@helsinkinet.fi>:
>
> > Local rendering is enough for the first performance tests, I think.
>
> I can't back up what I'm about to say with anything helpful right now
> but quite often I'm under the impression that NetSurf redraws the same
> rectangle several times. For example, when the download dialog is
> displayed. I'll try to find some time to work out a test case.
>
> Cheers,
> JFL
> --

I've noticed this as well and when I can repeat it reliably I will try to
remember to post something about it.

I would like to know why Netsurf has such a long delay after rendering a
page before it becomes responsive to menus, resizing etc. Some pages seem
worse than others.  eg. http://www.rebreatherworld.com/

Sorry if this is a bit of subject for this list.

Regards,

Peter