Re: [MiNT] Netsurf and profiling its performance

Am Donnerstag, den 18.04.2013, 11:57 +0200 schrieb "J. F. Lemaire" <jflemaire@skynet.be>:

I can't back up what I'm about to say with anything helpful right now
but quite often I'm under the impression that NetSurf redraws the same
rectangle several times. For example, when the download dialog is
displayed. I'll try to find some time to work out a test case.

Ok, that's not the perfomance issue I'm interested in. Redraws of the Download window can be improved without much trouble, by just redrawing the variables within the
download dialog (right now a complete objc_redraw(Full Area) is done.
(http://git.netsurf-browser.org/netsurf.git/tree/atari/download.c at Line 130)

Personally I don't mind if the download window is flickering. But I will have a look if it is redrawing the dialog twice for each change in the download status, that would be nonsense for sure. Or did you mean that also the content is redrawn
when the download window is open?

I'm more interested in the performance when doing: redraws / resizing and converting bitmaps / freeing up
graphics memory / polling the AES.

To analyse the netsurf core, also the netsurf-libs would have to be compiled with debug symbols... I'm not sure if it worth spending time on it, because you can also analyse performance of the netsurf core/libs
by running the linux version and some tool to analyse performance...

Greets,
Ole