Re: [MiNT] updated: XaAES 1.6.6

On Tuesday 29 October 2013 21:03:56 Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Jean-François Lemaire, 29.10.2013 20:39:19:

> Does qed find it's cfg when you run it from XaAES or desktop?

Yes, no problem with both.

> Do you have usehome set?

I do.

> No - really keep reporting, things can only get better in the long run,
> esp. the shel_write-stuff is extremely chaotic and not very good
> documented. See this comment:
>
>    /*
>     * Ozk:

[...]

> I'm just annoyed sometimes to explain things 3 times, but you're not the
> first target, maybe I'm not as good in describing stuff as I think.

As the above quote from Ozk shows, if this is complex for AES developers, it's
(potentially) even worse for applications coders.

> >> That's not the case, but will be fixed. Next issue: What is the *own*
> >> dir
> >> of the callee? I'll use the dir where it resides by default, except when
> >> sh_wdoex says something else I guess (extended mode).
> >
> > Yes, that's what toshyp says and it's the only thing that makes sense to
> > me. I
>
> toshyp says nothing about it except for extended mode where you can
> specify a directory for the callee, and after Pierre's post CVS-XaAES is
> correct now, and I'll revert today's change.

Sure it does, you even linked to it yourself:

"The default directory will be chosen as the directory that contains the
program to be launched (Exception: extended mode with bit 10 set - see
below)."

Cheers,
JFL
--