Re: [MiNT] updated: XaAES 1.6.6

Jean-François Lemaire, 29.10.2013 20:39:19:

troll,
don't know how.

This is set in the /Options/Paths dialog. Then create a new mail and call the
external editor via the popup menu.

Excuse my ignorance, but that's what I did not find (how to create a mail) :)

Does qed find it's cfg when you run it from XaAES or desktop? Do you have usehome set?

I suppose as long as I will be reporting systems bugs that I have difficulty
understanding. I might also not report anything at all, if you prefer. My
stupidity would then be hidden to the world and I wouldn't have to stand that
kind of rudeness.

No - really keep reporting, things can only get better in the long run, esp. the shel_write-stuff is extremely chaotic and not very good documented. See this comment:

  /*
   * Ozk:
   * I am absolutely NOT SURE about this, but this is what I implemented;
   *
   * 1. If x_shel is used to set default dir, we use that defaultdir,
   *  ofcourse.
   * 2. If the caller's current working directory equeals its home-
   *  directory, we take the defaultpath for the new process out of
   *  the 'cmd', which is the path to process callers wants started.
   * 3. If the callers current working directory is NOT the same as
   *  its homepath, we set the new processes default path to, yes,
   *  the current working directory
   * 4. If caller is AESSYS, we always take defaultdir out of cmd.
   * 5. IF ANYONE KNOWS BETTER, I'M EXTREMELY INTERESTED IN KNOWING!!!
   */

Guess I'll remove it.

I'm just annoyed sometimes to explain things 3 times, but you're not the first target, maybe I'm not as good in describing stuff as I think.

OK, got it now.

Sigh ;)

> The problem as I see it is that, in some cases at least, the *called*
> application seems to be receiving the CWD of the *caller*, which is
> wrong. The CWD of the callee should be set to its *own* directory. We
> seem to be stumbling on this for a while now...

That's not the case, but will be fixed. Next issue: What is the *own* dir
of the callee? I'll use the dir where it resides by default, except when
sh_wdoex says something else I guess (extended mode).

Yes, that's what toshyp says and it's the only thing that makes sense to me. I

toshyp says nothing about it except for extended mode where you can specify a directory for the callee, and after Pierre's post CVS-XaAES is correct now, and I'll revert today's change.

I also prefer it that way, because otherwise the caller could not set the directory to something else except when using extended mode. So the caller has to cd first to the target-dir, and go back afterward itself.

--
Helmut Karlowski