Re: [MiNT] Xaaes km date

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:53:05 , Vincent Rivière wrote:
> On 18/02/2015 09:29, J. F. Lemaire wrote:
> > It's trunk as recently built by Vincent for the ColdFire after the
> > Fselect() fix. His builds always mention the compile date in the About
> > dialog.
>
> Seen in xaaes/src.km/xversion.sh:
> BDATETIME is defined to the modification date of the most recent XaAES
> source file.
>
> This is broken by design, since the modification date of the sources may
> not be relevant. For example, when you checkout the sources from CVS,
> you get the current date. Or when you copy the whole source tree, you
> also get the current date.
>
> When I build FreeMiNT, I always copy the sources from my local CVS dir
> to another build location. So all the sources get the build date.
>
> No mystery.

So are you saying that today's latest build in trunk will always show
a date of 2014 if nothing in xaaes haa been changed since then ?
Has nothing in xaaes been changed for a year ?

http://www.freemint.org/builds/freemint/

It makes it a little tricky to know what version is actually running.
I can understand not increasing the version number but old version and
date ?

Not a problem as long as we know but it had us worrying for a bit.

It still leaves me with Netsurf unexplained slow page loading on
some pages.

Regards,

Peter