[MiNT] AW: Xaaes km date

There is only one reason for "Long Poll!" Message: schedule_run() Returns -1. It means the schedule is empty, and in the past that was considered to allow the Frontend to block until User interaction happens, but there were some serious changes to the polling mechanism.

greets

Von: Peter Slegg
Gesendet: 18.02.2015 22:02
An: mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Betreff: Re: [MiNT] Xaaes km date

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:53:05 , Vincent Rivière wrote:
> On 18/02/2015 09:29, J. F. Lemaire wrote:
> > It's trunk as recently built by Vincent for the ColdFire after the
> > Fselect() fix. His builds always mention the compile date in the About
> > dialog.
>
> Seen in xaaes/src.km/xversion.sh:
> BDATETIME is defined to the modification date of the most recent XaAES
> source file.
>
> This is broken by design, since the modification date of the sources may
> not be relevant. For example, when you checkout the sources from CVS,
> you get the current date. Or when you copy the whole source tree, you
> also get the current date.
>
> When I build FreeMiNT, I always copy the sources from my local CVS dir
> to another build location. So all the sources get the build date.
>
> No mystery.

So are you saying that today's latest build in trunk will always show
a date of 2014 if nothing in xaaes haa been changed since then ?
Has nothing in xaaes been changed for a year ?

http://www.freemint.org/builds/freemint/

It makes it a little tricky to know what version is actually running.
I can understand not increasing the version number but old version and
date ?

Not a problem as long as we know but it had us worrying for a bit.

It still leaves me with Netsurf unexplained slow page loading on
some pages.

Regards,

Peter