Re: include file problems

> It would probably be a good idea if the MiNTlibs were broken up into
> subsections which would be placed in subdirectories. This would probably
> speed up compile times due to the decrease in directory search time. It
> would probably also aid development, machine support etc could be
> distinguished from Unix compatability etc etc etc.
>
> Also, anyone thought about moving all the Atari-only headers into
> <atari/*.h>, MiNT-only (ie not Unix compatable ones) into <mint/*.h>,
> TOS-only ones into <tos/*.h> etc etc etc? I know this would cause a few
> problems to begin with, but it will be more in the spirit of OpenSystems and
> POSIX etc. I hope we're all trying to make the Atari development environment
> as close to a "standard" environment as possible.

I think that would be very nice. Especially if we could find a common
hardware and OS binding header standard (currently, both Pure C and
MiNT library violate parts of the original documentation).

Another issue: future versions of Mag!X (the commercial multitasking
system from the NVDI authors) will support parts of the MiNT calls
(Fselect, Fxattr and so on). It would be very nice if the MiNT library
wouldn't check for the MiNT cookie. Instead it should rely on the return
code -32.

*IF* I would start to change parts of the library, would this be
incorporated in the release, entropy?

Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
 eMail: reschke@math.uni-muenster.de jr@ms.maus.de