Re: Maelstrom source code

Off topic, really, but...

> Here is the link to the Maelstrom source code.  This is a game originally
> created for the Macintosh.  It would be nice to have a version for TOS
> computers that can support 256 colors.  Would make a nice "pack-in" with any
> future system software releases (MiNT, Fenix, etc.)  Better than just having a
> Breakout clone.

I would advise against this - I had quite a long discussion with the guy who
did the Linux port, and apparently the original Mac author is not "allowing"
further ports - and as such, they are on rather dodgy legal ground. I never
actually checked the docs with the program, but its not exactly going to be
too popular, even if we are legally entitled to do it.

> ftp://ftp.devolution.com/pub/maelstrom/Maelstrom-1.4.3-L2.0.5-src.tar.gz

There is already a half-working Falcon port - it has no sound, and the game
side (lives, levels etc.) have not been finished, but it does work (and looks
nice). the source to this (legally iffy?) port can be found on the net
(Cuba on IRC wrote it). I'm afraid I cannot find the URL right now...

Anthony
--
Anthony Jacques           IRC: AnthonyJ | The boy stood on the burning deck
jacquesa@zetnet.co.uk                   | Twit.
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/jacquesa/ |                  (Spike Milligan)