Atari Websites and Python

Question,

I heard that Python is very similar to Java.  If this is the case, since
Python is available to most computers, including TOS computers, would it be
good to promote its use on Atari Websites, since it doesn't look like we'll be
seeing Java anytime soon?  Perhaps a plugin could be created for CAB that
would allow it to load in Python code.  Can Python be used to create a secure
link or page when dealing with commercial transactions?  It would be nice to
have a site dedicated to registering TOS/GEM/MiNT shareware with the ability
to transfer credit card information securely.  Atari oriented websites with
lots of traffic would be able to have advertising banners allowing clients to
register and pay for advertising space securely.

Peter Ross