Re: MacMiNT

Yves Pelletier wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
>
> > I think (corect me if I am wrong) Atari MiNT is more advanced than
> > MacMiNT.
>
> IIRC, the latest MacMiNT was based on MiNT 1.12.5.  Preliminary
> support for MiNTnet had been achieved, also.
>
> > So, what about a software interface to MacOS allowing you to
> > run Atari kernels over MacOS?  It could be really one system
> > then ...
>
> That's more or less the way MacMiNT runs now.  You get a single
> text window with a CLI shell, running on the MacOS desktop.
> IIRC, minixfs is supported by creating a file on a regular Mac
> partition, then using that file as your Minix "file system".
>
> Yves

Another interesting aspect is that MacMiNT can make system calls to MacOS.  I
guess that mean calls to the ROM.  Perhaps we can make it so that MiNT could
access Mac specific calls from a Spectre 128 or GCR so that AppleTalk or
QuickDraw support could be realized.  Just an idea.  BTW, there is a
development called vMac that allows the creation of a virtual Mac Plus. It
would be good to finally get real support for AppleTalk. The source code can
be found at:

http://www.leb.net/vmac/

Peter Ross