Re: TOS/MiNT/MagiC issues (was: Importan

 >> Basically, a PPPkit with a GEM installer should be IT. ;-)
 >
 >The same sort of thing, but up-to-date binaries, including things
 >like Connexion, GlueSTiK, the latest cab-for-mintnet and support
 >for both SLIP and PPP (many people only turn to mintnet for PPP,
 >because Stik/sting are thought to be the SLIP system...)

Slip.XIF actually has both PPP and SLIP drivers.
However, Connexion never worked for me.

What I recommend:

   * Integrate CHAT and PPPD into a full GEM dialer, with
     GlueSTiK support built-in (writes Local IP/Port into
     the CIB structure ie: STiK 1.13+ behavior).

 >> There are even utilities for TT/Falcon to handle the CRC calculation
 >> before compiling the patched TOS into an image.
 >
 >Cool. I didn't know such programs existed.
 >Is it possible to patch in AES 4.1?

Given I already heard of people making themselves MagiC Roms,
then sure, why not. Same should be possible on MultiTOS, though
I would not advise it.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 12/48 NVDI 4.11r0, MiNT 1.14.5, N.AES 1.1.0, GlueSTiK
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>