grumbling about the mint libs.

hi, Wouldn't it be possible to really concentrate on the mintlib for
porting stuff easier?
PORTLIB are quite the good step, but I think the whole LIBS need to be
redone in this matter.
I mean, I can't even compile correctly because of getopt().
I see the mintlibs as very nice for people programing directly with
them. But for Porting stuff, it is quite heavy. :/
Best example I could give you:
I got the latest NCFTP source to compile it for mint, (or at least
trying), I couldn't even rewriting the makefile and redirecting some
path and includes.
SO, could think I am stupid, or totally confused with C, which would
be true. However, just compiling shouldn't require a "C language" degree
, should it?
Well in any case, these same source, I compiled NCFTP on a netbsd
machine, so not that stupid ;)
Was just matter of editing 2 lines in the makefile, and MAKE, no
error, no problem. but on mint, forget it.
Could it be AT LEAST possible for some people knowing how to port on
mint, to give us some hint/clues about that, I am sure there is a
pattern.

P.S: what are the LIBS with the B in front of it? what's teh
difference between libc and blibc.

P.S(2): Has anyone got a SOLID gcc setup with all the new libs, like
ncurses, etc.
bye
Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/