Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.15.1 beta 0.4

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Odd Skancke wrote:

> behaviour, but NO THING.INF PRESENT!. Okie, then I set up Thing again,
> pressed "save setup".... but no thing.inf appeared in the directory. Then
> I tried to "load setup" and it actually loaded the setup! Now, where did
> Thing actually find the file? Then I tried to copy an older thing.inf to
> the thing-dir, and got the following error; Error while deleting file
> e:/thingdir/thing.inf (TOS -36). Now I was really confused, as I couldn't
> see thing.inf in the directory. I looked at the directory with bash (ls
> -al) and Kobold in addition to Thing's directory window.

I've just had a similar experience: I was working on a piece of code
in Pure C, and when I tried to save I got the message "Rename error"
and the file was not saved. When I tried "save as", the file was gone
from the directory. Opening the directory in Thing confirmed that the
file was gone, but it was impossible to save a file with the same
name. I then saved it elsewhere and copied it (with mv, from another
partition) to it's original location. This worked fine.

This is on a NEWFATFS with links enabled, VFAT and wb-cache disabled.
Compiling and linking did not cause problems.

/*
**
*/