Re: [MiNT] regex

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 10:56:09AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Guido Flohr <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:
>
> |> The only GNU extensions I would currently integrate into the MiNTLib
> |> are basename and dirname because the standard files provided with
> |> GNU packages don't accept a backslash as path separator.
>
> basename and dirname are a particular bad example.  Due to the brain dead
> and incompatible SUS2 definition the GNU packages are moving away from
> using the libc supplied functions.

Then we should supply a patch for these functions.  As a matter of fact
even MiNT still accepts the backslash, not only a TOS or MagiC problem.

Anyway, why shouldn't we supply these functions in the MiNTLib?  If the
GNU packages use their own versions that's bad luck for us.  But other
packages that use the libc version will work correctly.

BTW, if I use them, in which header file should they be declared?
And should they be #ifdef'd out by some __USE_???STANDARD macro
from features.h?

Ciao

Guido

P.S.: What about letting configure decide whether basename/dirname
are broken or not?
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/
mailto:gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de

SAGITTARIUS (Nov.22 - Dec.21)
	Your efforts to help a little old lady cross a street will
	backfire when you learn that she was waiting for a bus.  Subdue
	impulse you have to push her out into traffic.