Re: [MiNT] regex

Guido Flohr <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:

|> Anyway, why shouldn't we supply these functions in the MiNTLib?  If the
|> GNU packages use their own versions that's bad luck for us.  But other
|> packages that use the libc version will work correctly.

basename and dirname as defined by SUS2 are rather ugly.  You really don't
want to use them.

|> BTW, if I use them, in which header file should they be declared?

SUS2 has them in <libgen.h>.

|> And should they be #ifdef'd out by some __USE_???STANDARD macro
|> from features.h?

Not if they are declared in <libgen.h>.

|> P.S.: What about letting configure decide whether basename/dirname
|> are broken or not?

That would require a runtime check, which is bad for cross-compilation,
and the standard interface as defined by SUS2 is completely stupid anyway.

<A HREF="http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/toc.htm";>
The Single UNIX Specification, Version 2</A>

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de                      completely different"