[MiNT] Re: NMD preview

Hallo Ulrich/everyone,

> how big is your web space? Is it possible just to create
> a NMD on your hompage?
>
> This way people may already have a look to NMD's
> directory structure and - if one like - already
> download the newest binaries directly from the tree.

Not a bad idea, except I think it makes more sense for people to
download small packages, because otheriwise, people will need up
to 1 hour just for one package;  first the binary, then the manual,
then the config files, etc.

Anyways, when I have a "basic" kit ready, I'll let everyone know.

The first kit will probably be a KGMD-to-NMD conversion script, to
help people upgrade their paths and test the new configuration.  It
will include some diffs and the script will use them to compiled new
binaries to match FHS pathnames, then rename some folder hierarchies.

However, in the real NMD, _all_ packages will be done like this:

1)  README - explains what the package is for and how to configure it.
    It also tells the URL where the sources were found.

2)  install.sh - installs the included binaries and manual pages.

3)  bin/ & /man folders - where the install script takes the files.

4)  diffs - should be applied to the sources mentioned in README, if
    someone wants to compile their own binaries.

Also, the packages _always_ contain 68000 binaries, at minimum.

Binaries compiled with other options (020-040, 030, FPU, etc.)
can also be included, but the 68000 version is mandatory.

Martin-Eric Racine       http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage   http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030/
New MiNT Distribution   http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/nmd.htm