Re: [MiNT] soon to be released.

> Anyway, this version has the cache (opcode 21 of Ssystem() implemented, It
> logs all crashes into /tmp/alert.log file, hmm and other things I can't
> think of now :)

Crashes or errors?  Because after a crash, _nothing_ works anymore.

> Btw, the speed of the slooooow Multitos, well, with a CT2 fitted and
> gem.sys loaded in Fastram, it is not that slow at all :)  it is even
> almost usable. (Atari Works doesn't freeze in multitos nah :P )

Actually, I have gone back to AES 4.1 on Stacy, because N.AES and Thing
(even the old 1.09) take too much RAM.  Obviously, MultiTOS' newdesk is
not longnames-friendly, but at least, it leaves enough memory to start
pppd and connect to the TT, plus a bit to run aFTP.

Still.... Multi-tasking _with_ a functional GUI on just 4 megs seems so
improbable that I'm begining to wonder if I should bother trying to make
the _full_ NMD distribution fit on just 4 megs.  By the time you start a
couple of demons, you don't have enough ram left to start CAB.... ;-(

Martin-Eric Racine       http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage   http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030/
New MiNT Distribution   http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/nmd.htm