Re: [MiNT] re Martin Eric racine, Guido Leaving?

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> and notice that the hard-drive light stays on while the cache (or Minix
> 0.70.9) pauses to catch its breath and analyze the next series of inodes
> to be written.  The drive is effectivley locked in mid-write, until the
> next batch of inodes is written.
>
> Jo Even also reported this, so I cannot be dreaming this, and he is
> on Falcon while I am on TT.

I have only experienced this once (with Thing 1.29), but when I tried to
send Frank a more detailed bug-report I couldn't reproduce it. cp, Thing,
Kobold etc. all copied 160Mb between two VFAT-partitions without problems.

It definitely happened once, so there is something going on, but atleast
for me it occurs very seldom (i.e. only once). Btw. it can be a conflict
between all the caches (HD-Driver, MiNT, Thing) I'm currently using, I'll
have a look at it when I return from my vacation.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/