Re: [MiNT] Back again

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > Maybe somebody can help me with my hardware problem:
> >
> > My internal harddisk is rapidly dying, every time I switch on my
> > TT it loses another dozen of sectors.  I bought a Quantum Fireball
> > 1080S as a replacement but I can't get it to work.
>
> ask Uwe Seimet and he will tell you why:
>
> new hard-disks _CANNOT_ be used as bootable devices, because they
> need SCSI initiator ID (or something like that).

Though I have to say that what you say is true BUT:
sorry Uwe, but Cecile (centek hd driver) CAN boot from my quantum.
So impossible, impossible. not that impossible.

(I don't use cecile for everyday as it lacks several important features,
but just wanted to point out that hardware wise it is possible from an
atari to boot from a new quantum, maybe next version of hddriver will be
able to handle that?)