[MiNT] re Martin Eric racine, Guido Leaving?

Hi Martin, Well, I only have to say that mint kernal works very well here
now, it had few glitches that have been fixed (I run a falcon with ct2),
had prob with video, been fixed. No prob with filesystem right now, though
I only enabled TOSFS on 1 partition + A drive(floppy), I would not put
anything vital until I am sure it is reliable. That's part of the deal
with betas/alphas.

Though, I have to say that Frank is the most impressive guy as far as
pushing MiNT further/farther. Extfs2, Vfat, new .XFS interface design etc.
This of course is very risky, but also the only way to really go forward.

Nothing really bad though when comparing to the linux people. (from lib5
to glibc). Linux as of right now imo is a big mess. And this can change
with the next kernal major revision again.

Anyway, Frank (draco and other MiNT kernal maintainers) do a HELL of a
good job. And I mean a REALLY good one. The worst is that it is free.
ANd on ATARI!

MiNT has gotten more popular these last months, Why? I don't know exactly,
I couldn't pin point that effect, However What Frank is doing is Certainly
helping. Deal with the temp bugs. Report them, avoid them, Fix them if
you're good enough even (src included). Frank only by his own will is
doing this massive work. (I hope you realize how much work it is to
maintain the kernal). This is a 100% free project. There are many
atari machines out there, many hd drivers, many video cards, many TOS
versions on which MiNT goes over. Frank by himself can not guess every
configurations (in my case the CT2 videl prob I had) we must support each
others the best we can.
MiNT is moving forward with big steps and that's very good, coz that's the
only OS I boot everyday, (the more I use linux (x86) the more I
love/appreciate the quality of MiNT) (some here will praise linux, (memory
fragmentations etc of kernal, well whatever, I startx, kde, quit it, boom,
my ram is way lower than what it used to be, is there a setting??? ;;;) I
missed to tell it to NOT fragment the ram? heheh (for those who're gonna
say your linux is messed up, this can't happen). Maybe this (x86) has a
special leaking type of RAM. I wonder sometimes...

Martin, what Hard disk driver do you use? and If hddriver what version of
it? coz mint really expects quite a recent version of it. (afaik).

Btw, Jo, how about connexion2? how is it going? Should I start my own? ;)

Btw, anyone has tested MiNTsetter 3.6 yet with cache control? if yes works
fine? any comment? (email me)

Bye..