[MiNT] Changes for utmp records

Hi,

I wonder if it would impose big difficulties to change the format of utmp
entries for MiNT.  Newer system seem to log a lot more in the records.

Unfortunately, changing the format would break existing applications,
everything that creates or reads utmp entries.  Among these applications I
would think are

	TosWin
	login
	telnet ?
	rlogin ?
	init
	GEM-init

I am currently looking over init and friends and I don't think that it is
a major problem for Christian to change the behaviour of TosWin to a new
format.  Neither do I see a problem for Ulrich Kaiser (GEM-init) to
migrate to the new format.  Thus it should be feasible to provide all
programs that are affected at once so that the transition period could be
reduced to a minimum.

Anybody has got problems with that?  What other programs are affected?

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000