Re: [MiNT] MiNTNet "land" bug fixed

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 10:39:48AM +1200, Mario Becroft wrote:

> Probably, but this would require much more complicated looking into the
> internals of the TCP implementation which I didn't want to do. Some people
> complained about MiNTNet being frozen by this land program, and this does
> fix that, that's all I was worried about.

However, without solving the real problem, you only provide a band-aid for
this special exploit.

MiNTNet is probably still vulnerable to some others (nestea, iping, sping,
teardrop, ...), so fixing the real problem will pay off in the long run.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen