[MiNT] Lauching problem

Hi all,

I download regularly the latest version of freeMiNT (should
it now be called MiNT thanks to Eric SMITH agreement ?) and
I now have the latest b3. Since a few releases it occurs
some strange things. I have an HADES 060, and my desktop
is Thing 1.27e. I use N.AES 1.1.7. The MiNT I use is the
030 version (040 doesn't boot) with no memory protection
(some PMMU tree management has been written, should it
be included in the kernel for 060 specific version ?).
I use also NVDI 5.02 with NOVA driver (no graphic
enhancement). Anyway, It seems that since a few releases
when I double click on icons or that I use Taskbar
the program refuses to be launched. I use an old
version of Taskbar, because I prefer using it with
SMU (recent versions are not supporting it, are they ?).
When I double click on application icons, nothing
happens, and I must reboot the machine so that
it works again. It seems that MiNT evolves with
problems of compatibility. I always use TOSFS with
no problems with it ... I warned peoples about
MiNT Shell, that doesn't work anymore (though it's
from E. SMITH). I'm not ready to use EXT2FS. In
short words : "what do you want ?". I would expect
from MiNT that it should be the most compatible
ATARI OS. I'm writing my own software, and testing
MiNT OS is also a test for my own developments.
I'm concerned about what's happening with MiNT.
Thanks for everyone efforts ...

Best regards,

-- Francois LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer 3D Modeller)
http://www.ief.u-psud.fr/~lecoat
mailto:lecoat@ief.u-psud.fr