Re: [MiNT] Lauching problem

on Fri 27-08-1999 14:43 Francois Le_Coat/mailaxis wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>some strange things. I have an HADES 060, and my desktop
>is Thing 1.27e. I use N.AES 1.1.7. The MiNT I use is the
>030 version (040 doesn't boot) with no memory protection
>(some PMMU tree management has been written, should it
>be included in the kernel for 060 specific version ?).
>I use also NVDI 5.02 with NOVA driver (no graphic
>enhancement). Anyway, It seems that since a few releases
>when I double click on icons or that I use Taskbar
>the program refuses to be launched. I use an old
>version of Taskbar, because I prefer using it with
>SMU (recent versions are not supporting it, are they ?).

Yep, that exactly what I have too on my Hades 060. I've reported this
already to this list. Sometime I just can't launch any prog anymore, be it
from desktop or from a window. I can open and close windows and so but
just can't launch any prog.
BTW: I'm using Taskbar 2.60b and N_AES 1.2.0
At first I thought the problem was related to TOSWIN2.4 but I'm not so
sure anymore.
My problem started with the installation of the MiNT '98 CD a month ago. I
was using freeMiNT 1.15.2b (or maybe 1b) At first I'd a serious problem
with something that was eating the memory away. Since the day I stopped
using 'tcsh' and start using 'bash' as shell this problem is gone.

HTH
Martin

--
O-Tagger ß1.24: Thank you for encouraging my behavior.
              ***** Greetings from Okami Newsreader *****