Re: [MiNT] Current beta problems - solved

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:07:07 +1200, Mario Becroft wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, kellis wrote:
>
>> Moreover, wouldn't it be a good idea to check for that kind of prob (what
>> you fixed for Mines), and work the way it is (that is fixed), but
>> debugging it if under DEBUG Level 1 or 2. Instead of plainly ignoring this
>> "bad way of doing"
>
>I don't see that there is any way MiNT can know whether the program is
>relying on the values in those registers or not...

I think what kellis was trying to say was this.  The kernal could help
by noting the values of these registers prior to such a call and then
check the values after the call to see if they have indeed changed.  If they
changed it could issue some debug message depending on the debug level.
Perhaps saying... "Process blah might be relying on registers blah..."
Might slow things down perhaps so this test could only be applied if the debug
level is high enough.