Re: [MiNT] Lauching problem

Hi Leo!

> I download regularly the latest version of freeMiNT (should
> it now be called MiNT thanks to Eric SMITH agreement ?) and

No, FreeMiNT is the right name.

> I now have the latest b3. Since a few releases it occurs

You know that the 'b' means?

> some strange things. I have an HADES 060, and my desktop
> is Thing 1.27e. I use N.AES 1.1.7. The MiNT I use is the
> 030 version (040 doesn't boot) with no memory protection
> (some PMMU tree management has been written, should it
> be included in the kernel for 060 specific version ?).

The MMU code work ok also on Hades if you use the PMMU tools from Odd
Skancke for a correct MMU initilization.

And you can easily disable memory protection, simply rename mint.ptg to
mintnp.prg. This is also mentioned in the documentation.

> no problems with it ... I warned peoples about
> MiNT Shell, that doesn't work anymore (though it's

You know that these is _very_ old stuff?

> from E. SMITH). I'm not ready to use EXT2FS. In
> short words : "what do you want ?". I would expect
> from MiNT that it should be the most compatible
> ATARI OS. I'm writing my own software, and testing
> MiNT OS is also a test for my own developments.
> I'm concerned about what's happening with MiNT.
> Thanks for everyone efforts ...

I don't see your problem.

Tschuess
   ...Frank