Re: [MiNT] IPPPD

Hi Martin-Eric,

> If I'm not mistaken, this is an ISDN-enhanced PPP dialer kit that
> works with Diald to establish/re-establish connections.  Was found
> on several Linux sites, such as:

If you talk about my dialer kit, that 100% by myself. I've taken a look
into other packages for Linux but due to the way they work they are not
very well portable to MiNT-Net so that I've decided to do something my own...

BTW, my dialer kit is not specialized on ISDN. Since the diald does nothing more
than starting ppp-up?/ppp-down? scripts in /etc/ppp you can do nearly everything
with it (except making coffee ;-)

> http://taxi-l.org/doc/kernel-source-2.0.29/Documentation/isdn/syncPPP.FAQ
> http://www.ursusmaj.demon.co.uk/contents.htm
>
> Regular PPPD itself seems up to version 2.3.8-1 on RPM sites.
>
> Torsten, is your own diald designed along similar lines (I could
> not tell, since the current documentation on it is absent)?  Does
> it follow the same kind of configuration file format?

No. My own diald communicates in a completely other way with the
interface than the typical Linux implementations do (at least as
far as I've seen). Since it's very short and not complicated it
may be the best if you just take a look into its code.

The dial interfaces do not more than forwarding packets to the
ppp interfaces of the same name and generate very simple dial/hangup
information in their device interface (/dev/) to inform diald what
it has to to.

BTW, there should be documentation about my dial interface in the
drivers folder of MiNT-Net (don't know in which of both archives).
If it's really missing please let me know since this would be an
error of the archive generation script.

Regards,
   Torsten