Re: [MiNT] timezone change

Joerg wrote:

> JES>However, I think this can be solved with some additional software
> JES>under TOS/MagiC:
> Certainly it can be solved this way, but I think it's the wrong way since the
> RTC traditionally runs in local time. And if MiNT has

That's correct, but even with TZ/DST-correcting software the RTC will still run in local time. It's the battery-clock that has to run in UTC, but that's not the RTC. The RTC is updated by TOS during cold-boot from the battery-clock.

> problems with that it's
> MiNT's side where the problem has to be solved

Basically I agree with you, but it would be nice to have automatic DST and timezone-correction under TOS/MagiC too, wouldn't it? ;-)

Jo Even Skarstein