Re: [MiNT] Help! BIO-DMA ethernet-card

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 08:41:37AM +0200, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> On the PC (Win98) I open the "Network" configuration program in the control-panel, and set the IP-address of the ethernet-card to 192.168.1.9, and the netmask to 255.255.255.0. I've also tried adding the TT as a gateway.

Don't use the gateway.

Win9x often needs a little kick to get the network going.  Open
"Start->Control Panel->Networking" and look if your "primary network
login" (sorry, I don't know how it is labelled in an English or Swedish
version) is "Windows login".  In any case you should be prompted for a
user name and password when Win9x starts up (and you shouldn't bypass the
password query with Escape).

Below you find a button "Share printers and files" or the like.  Press it
and activate at least one kind of sharing.  You probably have to reboot
five or six times now (welcome to Windoze) and when the OS is finally
happy, open an Explorer and activate some share (right-click on
C:\\Windows\\Temp let other users access this directory).  You should then
see a little blue hand on the directory name.

If you still can't get it working you should get a Mini-Linux which fits
on one floppy disk, boot into Linux and try it from there to be sure that
the connection is physically working.

Ciao

Guido
--