Re: [MiNT] GCC 2.95.2

Guido Flohr <guido@freemint.de> writes:

> > I did recompile both, and it seems to work in real MiNT, but not in
> > oTOSis, for some strange reason.
>
> Hm, maybe ask the maintainers of oTOSis. ;-))

Right, I'm one of them. :)

> That will unpack the gcc sources and apply all necessary patches for MiNT
> (but not build anything). Depending on how accurately Frank has set things
> up it should now be sufficient to do a "./configure
> --target=m68k-atari-mint && make" in "BUILD/gcc-2.95.2".  Maybe you should
> also consult "SPECS/gcc.spec" for extra tweaks in the spec file.  If
> things still not work (gcc itself will probably be alright after the long
> double patch) you should download the gcc rpm, install it on your MiNT box
> and then copy the headers and libgcc.a manually over to your
> cross-directory on your Linux box.

Ok, tried that too, didn't make any difference. It's most likely that
something changed that oTOSis didn't expect, I just don't have any
idea what it could be.

But, since the new gcc and MiNTLib works on a real MiNT machine, I
guess that'll have to make do for now.

Having oTOSis is nice when cross compiling, though, because some
packages have small tools which are run at compile time, and if the
package isn't prepared for cross compiling, there's minimum work, if
those small programs can be run in oTOSis instead.

Tomas