Re: [MiNT] Help! BIO-DMA ethernet-card

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 01:10:50 +0200, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> I believe it's a problem with either the kernel or the driver, but I'm going
> to give Linux a try and see what happens. I'll also check out if NetBSD has

OK, this is what happens:

I set up the network with 'ip-config 192.168.1.9 255.255.255.0' on the
Linux-box. route and ifconfig confirms that everything is alright. I
then try to ping the linux-box from the TT, and I can see that the LED
on the NE2000 on the PC flickers. ifconfig tells me that the PC receives
all the packets sent by the TT, but the TT doesn't receive anything.
ifconfig on the TT says that ~98% of all sent packets resulted in errors.

Also, if I set up the ethernet-card on the TT with the coax connected, the
TT freezes 9 out of 10 times. I first have to configure the card, then
connect the coax. Pinging the TT will often crash it.

ifconfig says that eth0 on the PC use MTU 1500 and metric 1, while ne0 on
the TT use MTU 1500 and metric 0 (what is 'metric' btw?). I change this to
1 on the TT but the problems persists. I have not tried changing it on the
PC.

arp still reports no entries, there was no arp on the mini-linux I used so
I couldn't check it there.

I'm almost certain that there's something wrong with either the driver, the
kernel, MiNT-net or perhaps even the BIODATA-card, the instability suggests
that. I'm using FreeMiNT 1.15.7b and MiNT-net 1.04-something (the latest, from
the archive that came with the driver).

/*
**
*/