Re: [MiNT] freemint 1.16.0b stability

> ok, but you wrote some days ago a msg in style "ppl, the 'normal'
> version has some bugs, use 'debug' one instead". So i thought this
> thing was fixed since it's true the most of bug-issues i described
> here i found in ALPHA kernel, too.

No, the message I wrote was more like: "*IF* you experience odd stability
problems on normal kernels, try out debug version of the same kernel
instead".

I wrote so because there are (were) some problems, which haven't arised on
debug kernels (it is always a bit frustrating to discover something like
this).

> About accs -
> totally clean system.

I.e. no accessories, right?

So if you use mint 1.16.0 + n_aes, such combo should be absolutely stable,
as Anders wrote (unless the presence of nvdi 5 matters).

My advice is the same, as Franks: decrease bus speed to 16 MHz, and CPU
speed to 66 MHz, and check again. Also, you're going to QuaST - there you
can bring your disk, connect to another computer, boot, and see if same
stuff happens. Also you can borrow someone's RAMs, put into your computer,
and see if same stuff happens.

Just to be sure that hardware is okay.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to juz natura pospólstwa, albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).