Re: [MiNT] freemint 1.16.0b stability

> > About accs -
> > totally clean system.
>
> I.e. no accessories, right?

right

> So if you use mint 1.16.0 + n_aes, such combo should be absolutely stable,
> as Anders wrote (unless the presence of nvdi 5 matters).
>
> My advice is the same, as Franks: decrease bus speed to 16 MHz, and CPU
> speed to 66 MHz, and check again. Also, you're going to QuaST - there you
> can bring your disk, connect to another computer, boot, and see if same
> stuff happens. Also you can borrow someone's RAMs, put into your computer,
> and see if same stuff happens.

ok, this is the logical solution. It isn't maybe a directly hw bug, but it
can have something to do with this hot summer - i played aniplayer for
hours, running a lot of another apps and no problem. and then, even with
only aniplayer running, it crashed (debug level was 1 and still no alert)..
but i still don't understand, how it's possible it works with old kernel.

> Just to be sure that hardware is okay.

i have to make some time for it, but on monday i can tell you the result.

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060         http://mikro.atari.org