Re: [MiNT] xaaes: benchmarktest old vs new ?

Hello!

With desktop
XAAES kernel : freeze when loading desktop
MyAeS : 372 - 376 (windows CPU is always at 100%)

After bugfixing some things KRONOS crash now with a memory violation error if these desk.gif is present.

Without desk.gif it start and run very well except that it crash with a memory violation error in the OpenGL benchmark.

I'm a little bit surprising from MyAeS perf because It should be worst than XAAES, because it's a server and run always,

As Kronos don't benchmark AES it's very unlikely that you see a significant time consumption of an idle AES system on a fast machine (as long the AES is clever enough to free the CPU from time to time :-))

so MyAeS alway's run concurently during test and not use new fiture from Mint 1.16 (it use Syield()), so take some CPU power for itself, does XAAES kernel do the same? It is in sleep looking to CPU charge under Windows.

The XaAES kernel module use for sure the kernel scheduler to block I/O waiting AES processes (and unblock them if I/O becomes possible).

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060